When it comes to maintaining band saw blades, attention to detail is key.
When it comes to maintaining band saw blades, attention to detail is key. Regular preventative maintenance services are needed on top of day-to-day inspections to ensure all operations will continue to run smoothly. With that said, how do you distinguish between the types of servicing that need to be performed and how often you should perform them?
In today’s blog, we will be sharing some useful tips on the different maintenance procedures needed for band saw blades.
Naturally, the health of your blades are dependent on many factors, including the cleanliness of the band saw machine, the integrity of the machine’s parts, whether or not the machine was operated properly, and more.
On a day-to-day basis, make sure you perform the following maintenance procedures at the end of the workday:
- Clean out all the swarf from the machine
- Empty the swarf or debris collecting drawer
- Check the lubricant and coolant levels and refill them as needed
- Perform a visual inspection of the blade, replace it if necessary, and if not, make a note of any small issues you notice
- Loosen the blade tension to give it a rest
Now, here is what to do on a weekly basis:
- Perform a basic cleaning of all the small components and parts of the band saw
- Lubricate the joints of the band saw
- Check the oil levels in the tensioning cylinder and inspect the tensioning piston
- Adjust any parts as needed
Monthly inspections and more complex preventative maintenance procedures are more complex, and as such we recommend leaving those services to professionals who are experienced with different kinds of brands. The last thing you want is to damage your band saw blade while attempting to maintain the machine.
During preventative maintenance procedures, professional cleaning, adjustments, repairs and more can be conducted. The experts at Industrial Bandsaw Services will be more than happy to lend our services to your needs, even for 24/7 emergency repairs. Call us today to learn more about what we can do for you!
The industry leader in band saw technology for 40 years, Hyd Mech strives for excellence in quality band saw machines.
Eberle provides a large variety of high-tech band saw blades including bimetal, coated bimetal and carbide blades for all your cutting demands.